Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Eternal War

It was a dark and stormy night. Maybe it was a bright and sunny day. Regardless, I was homeschooling, in the subject of language arts, on Sep. 1st, 06. I had to write a poem, choosing one of four subjects. I had peeked into the book the other day and had the first two verses pre-planned, but not anything past that...no ideas, no storyboard, no nothing. What was the subject I picked? #3: Write a poem about colors using metaphors and/or similes. (I hope you know what those are.) Anyhow, it soon became a full scale poem, ideas popping into my head, than I say how this was related to...well, you'll have to find that out. Enjoy!

Eternal War

by Tyler Reynolds

Orange and blue is Witherite,
While black and brown is Magnetite.

A war clashes between the two,
But Witherite stands for you.

Magnetite has already lost,
Black and brown must pay the cost.

Witherite will save the world,
The flag of orange and blue unfurled.

But Magnetite will always try,
Witherite does he defy.

Black and brown shall soon be bound,
Orange and blue shall be crowned.

This war, you see, is somewhat true,
Yes, it has to do with you.

God is like Witherite,
He stands for all things just and right.

And Satan is like Magnetite.
He has already lost the fight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I still enjoy this poem every time I read it. You have a deep mind, Tyler!

Jeremy Stockwell said...

Excellent, Tyler. Glad to see you posting on a page where the 'Wierd Factor X-19' does NOT reside. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I like it.