Sunday, September 10, 2006

The New Believer

I mase this poem when I was in fifth grade...this is what sparked my liking of making poetry I think. Enjoy!

A New Believer

By Tyler Reynolds

A boy sits in his room
Thinking to himself
Decides to read a book
And pulls one off the shelf

He opens up the book
Read how God created Earth
And was completely amazed when he learned
God had known him before his birth.

Then he read the Ten Commandments
“I’m in trouble now,” he thought
He didn’t know his sins could be forgiven
And later he was taught.

The boy skipped forward to Luke
Read of Jesus’ birth
And was set to tears
On how Jesus saved the Earth

Now he understood
His sins could be forgiven
If he confessed his sins, and asked God
From him his sins could be driven

Then his heart was changed
He had something to live for
Now he had the chance
To tell it all to more.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tyler,
I am glad to see you using a blog to post your poems. You have a gift with words, like your dad! It is awesome that you enjoy using that gift to write poems about your faith!
Love,
Mom

Jeremy Stockwell said...

Hey I remember reading this before. Didn't you bring it to Chrismas one year? Good job, Tyler!